Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bacon Makes it Better: Pt I


As the saying goes, everything truly is better with bacon. Recently I came across a fantastic recipe for meatloaf. This was not your mothers meatloaf. It wasn't even my mothers meatloaf, and she has a PhD in cooking! So bold was this meatloaf my mother shied from its greatness. Yet upon feasting on its meaty goodness I said, this can be better. How? The universal gastronomic wonder meat, bacon.

In my mind came a vision. Glorious little Filet Mignons where the the steak was replaced with columns of meatloaf. In the end, I did not go for little individual loafs, but i still may next go, rather i clad the entire large loaf in bacon, allowing the delicious flavor to soak into the lucious loaf.

So many things just come together in this recipe, but I think one of the crowning glories is the glaze... a wee bit of tabasoc, some cider vinegar, and fresh coriander added to the tomato base really make it stand out.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ooh...yum. Also, I noticed one of the labels for this post is "bacon." Because of course it deserves its own label! ;)