I softened some onions, then added a dose of Marsala. After bringing it to a boil and reducing, I added some bacon. The sweetness of the Marsala combined perfectly with the pig. On top of baked sweet potatoes it was fantastic. Afterward I had some leftover... I also had leftover peas... Now, if anything, I am lazy. Why should I use 2 Tupperware containers when one would do. Did i really want to wash another? So I combined the leftovers. Giving the whole thing a couple days to mellow really brought out some nice subtle flavors. Very tasty & easy.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Of Peas and Sweat Potatoes
My friend here is testing for food allergies and currently can't eat things such as beef, peppers, wheat, potatoes, lettuce, etc. However, sweat potatoes are not forbidden. I love the sweet potato, it is good in so many dishes, yet most have other ingredients that were on the bad list. So I wanted to come up with something new. It turned out quite nice, and very easy, and goes great on peas too!
I softened some onions, then added a dose of Marsala. After bringing it to a boil and reducing, I added some bacon. The sweetness of the Marsala combined perfectly with the pig. On top of baked sweet potatoes it was fantastic. Afterward I had some leftover... I also had leftover peas... Now, if anything, I am lazy. Why should I use 2 Tupperware containers when one would do. Did i really want to wash another? So I combined the leftovers. Giving the whole thing a couple days to mellow really brought out some nice subtle flavors. Very tasty & easy.
I softened some onions, then added a dose of Marsala. After bringing it to a boil and reducing, I added some bacon. The sweetness of the Marsala combined perfectly with the pig. On top of baked sweet potatoes it was fantastic. Afterward I had some leftover... I also had leftover peas... Now, if anything, I am lazy. Why should I use 2 Tupperware containers when one would do. Did i really want to wash another? So I combined the leftovers. Giving the whole thing a couple days to mellow really brought out some nice subtle flavors. Very tasty & easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love sweet potatoes! Though I need more ideas on how to cook them. You should send me ideas. :)
Post a Comment